- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLBNew York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda has been suspended 10 games by Major League Baseball "for possessing a foreign substance on his person" in Wednesday night's game against the Boston Red Sox.
- Suspended Cooke apologizes for Barrie hitSuspended winger Matt Cooke of the Minnesota Wild apologized Thursday for the knee-to-knee hit that injured Colorado's Tyson Barrie during their first-round playoff series.
- Bobcats' McRoberts fined $20K for LeBron hitCharlotte Bobcats forward Josh McRoberts was fined $20,000 by the NBA on Thursday for making excessive contact with his foul on LeBron James late in the Miami Heat's victory in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series.
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumpsThe Chicago Cubs just can't win. Even on their stadium's birthday.
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in airport caseThe Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has referred Aldon Smith's airport arrest earlier this month to the Los Angeles city attorney's office for misdemeanor consideration.